Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Two For Tuesday - The Day Old, Half-Price Edition

The ebb and flow of creativity has struck. And the result being yesterday's total write off. Not from a lack of desire, somedays there's just nothing in the tank (sorry about the cliche, but sometimes the best words are those that have been used to describe like situations time and time again).

Fast forward one day and everything has changed. Our fool who awoke one day ago to spring is trapped in the midst of a snow storm.; the flooded back alley has become a quagmire of slop and slush. And his head is literally bursting with ideas (which if he had any sense he'd write down as he's sure to lose more than a few of them as the chaos surrounding twists and turns his attention to something new).

This morning as I returned from depositing the children at school, I heard the lonesome cry of the first gull of the year competing with the howl of the wind. I couldn't see it, but it's darn near a white-out out there this morning. I'm thinking the other gulls where having one over on him, an early April Fool's joke perhaps, telling him that March in Winnipeg is the place to be - the weather being fowl and all.

Being Wednesday, it's time for sepia. Today I've got two images (two for Tuesday and all that):

First I've got a red River cart wheel photographed at Lower Fort Garry.



And secondly, the grotto at the trappist Monestary Ruins in St. Norbert, Manitoba.


For more sepia: http://sepiascenes.blogspot.com/


My apologies for the disjointed rambling nature of today's post,
Craig

10 comments:

kayerj said...

love the wagon wheel, and the rock--perfect

Photo Cache said...

That wagon wheel is a winner. Very nicely captured. My entry is here: http://ewok1993.wordpress.com

Carletta said...

Both of these are perfectly suited to the sepia enhancement!
I really love the wagon wheeel.

My post is on my photoblog: Carletta’s Captures.

kden said...

You can ramble anytime, as long as you put out awesome shots like that. They are both fantastic.

nature ramblings said...

Enjoyed your disjointed rambling and your sepia photos. The wagon wheel is very good in sepia as it tends to be that kind of era piece. The second one is very unusual, made eerie looking by the sepia. Very Good photos. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and photos.

Annie Jeffries said...

I like both your sepia offerings and your ramblings this week. Now I'm off to google that monastery.

EG CameraGirl said...

Your sepia photos are great.

I hope you are on very high ground, well above the possible flood lines of the Red River.

Kahshe Cottager said...

Just beautiful in sepia!!

Natalie said...

Hi Craig, Love your photos. I am very interested in learning photography, but at the moment have other priorities.

Just popped in as your blog title is similar to mine, and I thought i would say Hi.

Happy Easter to You, from Australia.

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....