Friday, March 13, 2009

We Just Don't Talk Anymore

"We just don't talk anymore."

I'm sure we've all heard this at some point. And it's true.

We blog and comment. We text, message and chat. We update our status, and poke one another. We throw sheep, and send drinks. We twitter and tweet (and I'm pretty certain that there are those among us that chirp, squawk and cluck).

As we sit behind our monitors linked to the world wide web; or in our cars with a blackberry in one hand, and a frappamochachino in the other, and maybe a head set strapped on, we compensate for our lack of physical contact by broadcasting our every thought to the outside world to let someone, anyone and everyone, know that we're here - please don't forget me (just as I'm doing now).

We have become a society of virtual exhibitionists and voyeurs.

Now maybe I'm just a little old fashioned, but somehow, something's missing - a little human contact.

Don't get me wrong, I love how this technological virtual world we live in has allowed us to connect with others around the world, but I do think that perhaps there needs to be some balance.

And with this end my ramblings; it's time to move on to today's image.

Today's image dates back a couple of years. Pictured are the Trappist Monastery Ruins in St. Norbert, Manitoba, Canada. This is a film image, shot on Ilford hp400 film using my Minolta Maxxum 7.





Later,

Craig

1 comment:

sarah said...

hi Craig, I know just what you mean we live in a strange world. Cant stand all those applications you get sent on facebook and I dont know what twitter is.
I love your photographs. Atmospheric still.)