Monday, March 23, 2009

Water Water Everywhere

A temporary spring has sprung and my little pond is fast becoming a lake. A quick spike in the mercury combined with a frozen/plugged catch basin out back has allowed the melt water to inch ever closer to carrying off my aged garage. What's more, with rain today and a winter storm watch on the horizon, it's going to make for an ugly couple of days, and I wouldn't at all be surprised to see a stuffed bear float by with his head stuck in a hunny pot. I do recall March coming in like a lion; so just where is that promised lamb hiding?

On to things photographic; and being Monday that means it's time for monochrome.

I Photographed these little tracks in the snow just days before the mercurial melt that has since left the snow a mix of slush and ice.




For more monochrome: http://aileni-calonyddaear1.blogspot.com/

Have a great week,

Craig

4 comments:

Linnea said...

Lovely soft shadowing and gentle contrasts. I wonder who's tracks they are...Stay warm!

Anonymous said...

Little webbed feet ?

Are you using film also? I do it deliberately. It's what I do...

allhorsestuff said...

Oh that is so perfetly sugary looking!I like this very much, nice timing

kden said...

How sweet ;-) Makes a very good mono.